Meet the Team
Adam Beck - Founder & Mortgage Adviser
Adam founded The Mortgage Centre in 2006. Through hard work, determination and continuous recommendations, The Mortgage Centre is still growing and helping more and more people every year.
By self-admission, Adam would say he works too much because he loves what he does. He hates to let people down and loves getting the right outcome for a client.
To be told “you got us a mortgage when others told us we couldn’t” is one of the best testimonials you can receive.
- Favourite Film: Man on Fire, Seven, Forrest Gump, Snatch and maybe an older classic Commando (Very indecisive).
- Favourite food: Steak
- Interesting Fact: I would love to be able to sing
- Country you'd like to Visit: Maldives
- Celebrity Crush: Kelly Brook, but this changes daily
Sam Winfield - Mortgage & Protection Adviser
Sam has been working in Financial Services since graduating from Plymouth University in 2013, previously working for Nationwide Building Society.
Since joining the Mortgage Centre in 2017, Sam has been extremely committed to providing his ever-increasing number of clients the best possible service, this can be evidenced by the number of recommendations he receives, with his flexible working hours and willingness to travel to meet his clients where necessary.
Sam lives in Bristol.
- Favourite film? - Gladiator
- Favourite food? - Paella
- Interesting fact? – Sam climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in 2017, raising money for the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity.
- Country you’d love to visit? New Zealand & anywhere in South America
- Celebrity Crush? – Michelle Keegan
Phil Fisher - Mortgage Adviser
With almost 20 years experience in Financial Services, Phil has worked for two of the nations biggest Estate Agency chains giving him unrivalled knowledge of the House buying process.
Phil joined The Mortgage Centre in 2013 and quickly built a loyal client base. Outside of work Phil is the proud father of Liam and Isobel and is also a fully qualified football Referee.
Phil lives in Weston Super Mare.
- Favourite film? - Shawshank Redemption
- Favourite food? - Indian Takeaway
- Interesting fact? – Phil has officiated on a number of FA Cup Matches.
- Country you’d love to visit? Iceland
- Celebrity Crush? – Sarah Michelle Gellar
Lynda Prescott - Mortgage & Protection Adviser
Lynda is an enthusiastic, motivated and highly experienced mortgage advisor with over 30 years in the financial industry, specialising in the mortgage industry since 2013. She is passionate about providing a personalised service giving you quality advice for your mortgage and protection needs. Lynda started her career at NatWest then moved to Which Mortgages and most recently Bank of Ireland.
Lynda has lived in Clevedon for the last 35 years and having worked in the local town for a number of years, she has excellent knowledge of the surrounding areas and built relationships with the community.
- Favourite film? - Elf @ Christmas
- Favourite food? - Cheese
- Interesting fact? – Lynda is part of the local theatre society & can be seen either on stage or in the 'directors' chair.
- Country you’d love to visit? Maldives
- Celebrity Crush? – Colin Firth
Alice Bloom - Protection Specialist
Alice has been working in Financial Services since 2015 and joined The Mortgage Centre in 2018 as our Protection Specialist. Alice is passionate about her job and takes great care in ensuring all our clients have the right level of protection for their mortgage and their family. Alice always puts the clients first and is patient, thorough and attentive when offering advice.
Alice lives in Cheltenham.
- Favourite film? - Bridesmaids
- Favourite food? – Thai
- Interesting fact? – Alice is related to ‘Eddie the Eagle’
- Country you’d love to visit? South Africa
- Celebrity Crush? – Henry Golding
Sophia Benelghazi - Administrator
Sophia joined The Mortgage Centre 3 years ago while studying for her Business Admin NVQ, this led to being offered a permanent position.
Outside of work Sophia enjoys going to the gym, eating out, drinking cocktails & spending time with friends/family.
- Favourite film? - PS I Love You
- Favourite food? - Mexican
- Interesting fact? – Sophia is the eldest of 7 siblings
- Country you’d love to visit? Anywhere in Caribbean
- Celebrity Crush? – Bradley Cooper or Jason Segel
Emmy Thompson - Administrator
Emmy has over 20 years experience in financial services and is fully CII qualified in mortgage advice, she has been with The Mortgage Centre since 2016 as the Admin Manager. Emmy loves people and will do everything she can to ensure she gets the right result for our clients.
- Favourite film? – Point Break
- Favourite food? Chocolate
- Interesting fact? – Emmy is a massive Take That fan and has been to every Take That UK tour.
- Country you’d love to visit? Canada
- Celebrity Crush? – Jensen Ackles